Do not get lured by the false success rate i.e. 95% or 98% mentioned on internet sites. This is not the actual success rate. The success rate of liver transplant varies from patient to patient. It entirely depends upon the stage of liver disease:
- pre transplant workup / evaluation
- risk factors that pop out during liver transplant evaluation
- post transplant care and follow up
- dedication of the liver transplant team / hospital
- Compliance of the patient
- and many other factors.
Immediate success rate is different for long term success rate. For further clarification the attendants, care takers, decision makers in the family can come to us with all the reports and entire medical history of the liver disease patient. Patients who have Alcoholic liver cirrhosis i.e. liver disease due to alcohol intake should be more careful while opting for liver transplant surgery and must contact us in such a scenario.